Chief Architect - Public Sector
- Collaborative Solution Delivery
- Strategic Business Focus
- Commercial Acumen
Our Client is a significant player in Global service integration, have come to market in search of a highly skilled, engaging Chief Industry Architect
Our Client is a significant player in Global service integration. Their footprint spans across many Government and Private sector verticals providing business technology solutions.
They have come to market with a role which will play a leading part in Solutions shaping for the Government sector within the ACT. This is not a management role, it is a role that requires Senior engagement to provide Strategic solutions and also requires a high level of Commercial Acumen.
There is a lot of detail presented for this role as Chief Industry Architect below however, it is necessary to have a good understanding of the mechanisms and interdependency's of the position.
You must be an clearance eligible, Australian Citizen to apply
Overall Role Purpose:
- Develops a trusted advisor relationship with the customer to ensure the organization's business goals, directions and initiatives meet the desired outcomes
- Act as the trusted advisor in linking the business vision, mission, strategy and processes of a client organization to be delivered with Information Technology solutions to Improve Organisation Performance
- Provide key components of the business solution framework and the resulting relationships with the business.
- Provide cross-project architectural monitoring, guidance, and enforcement in programmes
- Provide Context to portfolio programmes establishing principles, directions and standards as they relate to holistic business solution frameworks
- Provide Governance through advice, guidance and oversight for the implementation and execution of enterprise solutions, risk management, and architecture processes
- Create and maintain the enterprise architecture across the process, organization, location, application, data and technology domains to ensure alignment with the organization's business goals, directions and initiatives to ensure desired outcomes are met
- Map & Improve Capability, Function and Competency of Organisational Landscape
- Lead significant enterprise architecture engagements throughout their lifecycles, including delivery, for the duration of the relationship with the customer
- Ensures that regulatory and compliance requirements are met and sets the overall vision and framework for the IT environment
- Systems integration experience within the Public Sector industry is mandatory.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities:
Industry: Maintains an understanding the forces that affect the overall industry, inclusive of regulatory and commercial changes, that have an impact on the position of the client relative to partners and competitors. Identifies significant trends, threats, and opportunities affecting the Public Sector and associated industries. Draws parallels and lessons from analogous industry problems and solutions.
Business: Identifies significant business opportunities and needs. Ensures that delivered business solutions meet the desired business outcomes, short and long term quality attributes, and performance expectations. Understands the impact that business process change will have on an organization and works with organizational change specialists to ensure that the business process architecture will meet the organization's requirements.
Customer: Works with the client executive and senior management to derive Information System and Information Technology architectural strategies and frameworks. Ensures that there are no gaps or inconsistencies in the initial information systems architectural design and that none emerge over time.
People: Participates in multi-disciplinary consulting assignments. Enables cross-functional teams to work in parallel by providing guidance and direction in support of the business solution architecture. Leads Architect Teams.
Technology: Knows a broad range of architectural concepts, systems, applications, information, middleware, security and infrastructure. Knows technology trends and their applicability to business. Has extensive knowledge of IT capabilities, covering current and emerging technologies.
Governance: Works with the client executive, senior management and account teams to derive, define and govern the standards and guidelines for architectural work. Participates in architecture review boards, and post-implementation boards.
Financial: Contributes to business cases and their attainment, and considers the financial implications of the solutions. Facilitates risk mitigation to the client and organisation, including enforcing business solution architectural requirements that meet the client's requirements within cost, scope, and time constraints.
Typical Outputs and Deliverables:
Conceptual Architectures Architecture Based Strategies, Roadmaps and Frameworks Solution Propositions Architectural Standards including Solution Guidelines and Principles
Qualifications - Essential
- Candidate should have at least 15 years of experience in the IT industry with the last 5 years working in the role of a senior Enterprise Architect
- 7+ years experience working in and supporting the Public Sector industry.
- Demonstrated experience in developing solution architectures in large organisations with large complex heterogeneous IT environments
- Experience in Business Architecture - inclusive of Capability, Process and Modelling
- Extensive experience in Integration Architecture - inclusive of Infrastructure, Applications and Data
- Deep understanding of Enterprise Application Integration (EAI) and emerging leading practices in this area
- Highly effective communication skills in particular an ability to explain complex architectural issues and concepts to IT Management (CxO) and/or senior business stakeholders. Demonstrated experience in doing this
- Broad application architecture domain experience including Commercial of the Shelf (COTS)
- Experience and understanding of Enterprise Architecture concepts, roadmaps, framework and methodologies (eg TOGAF, Zachman, Gartner)
- IT Tertiary Qualifications
- Architecture formal training and certification (e.g. TOGAF, Zachman, Gartner).
- Experience and understanding of the usage of Enterprise modelling tools (e.g. ARIS, rational etc) to support Solution Architecture and in the context of model based software engineering
- SDLC - Strong knowledge of leading Solution Delivery Life Cycle (SDLC) frameworks and processes with a good understanding of the Architecturally significant touch-points between the system development lifecycle and an Enterprise Architecture framework as it applied to solution delivery. Understanding of SDLC and software engineering interrelationships
To be considered for the role click the 'Apply' button or for more information about this and other opportunities please contact Ben Raward on 02 61519211. Please quote our job reference number: 200158100.
Reference Number: 200158100_7
How to Apply?
Click on the link below
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
Epson WorkForce ET-4550
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
Smart LED Bulb LB130
Lexar® Portable SSD
Google Daydream VR headset
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
Acer Swift 7
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Epson WorkForce DS-360W
Huawei Mate 9
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
HP Pavilion x360 13”
Surface Pro 4
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
Dell XPS 13 laptop
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Oppo R9s Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 2 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
- 3 HTC U Ultra phone full, in-depth review
- 4 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
- 5 Venom Blackbook Zero 14 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Dell's 28-inch 4K monitor is just $300 right now
- Apple: Macs and iPhones are safe from newly revealed CIA exploits
- Microsoft delays tools for third-party Cortana integrations
- Google Play faces cat and mouse game with sneaky Android malware
- To punish Symantec, Google may distrust a third of the web's SSL certificates
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- First look at the Formula 1 2017 pit lane in Melbourne, Australia
- LG 2017 OLED and Super LED UHD 4K TVs: Hands-on review
- Oppo R9s Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSocial Media ExecutiveNSW
- TPMedia AssistantNSW
- FTIT SpecialistACT
- FTSenior .Net DeveloperVIC
- FTApplication Support Analyst - Accounting SoftwareNSW
- FTApplication Support Analyst - Mortgage SolutionNSW
- FTSenior Automation Test AnalystNSW
- FTSolution ArchitectVIC
- TPSenior/Lead AEM DeveloperQLD
- FTSenior Software Engineer x 2 - Adelaide Based (PV, NV2 or NV1 required)Other
- FTTechnical Expert | 3mth+contractVIC
- FTSolution ArchitectNSW
- CCDevelopment Lead - Java - TelcoVIC
- TPSystems Analyst - WHS ImplementationNSW
- FTEnterprise ArchitectQLD
- CCSolution ArchitectNSW
- CCDevOps Developer - TelcoVIC
- FTDatabase Modelling SpecialistVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst Team LeadQLD
- FTProject Manager- SAP FICO implementationNSW
- CCMigration EngineerACT
- FTSenior Business Analyst - Data Warehouse/ Statistical projectNSW
- CCAutomation TesterQLD
- FTDevops / Technical Support AnalystVIC
- FTProcess Documentation AnalystNSW