Engineer Desktop Development
12 Month Contract
Must Have Experience Working In A ITIL Environment
This organisation is currently seeking and Engineer Desktop Development to sit within a team that delivers stable and secure enterprise desktop services to their customer departments.
The activities undertaken include developing and deploying periodical software maintenance and updates to the desktop/notebook/MFD/ printer fleets; troubleshooting and resolving incidents; contributing to problem identification and resolution; testing and integrating devices (notebooks, desktops, printers, etc.) into the companies managed services and systems; service call queue management and delivering managed service requests and contributing to the alignment and standardisation of components across the various managed desktop environments.
- Perform duties and preventative maintenance to ensure that services provided maintain high levels of availability, performance, security and efficiency
- Undertake complex and specialised technical investigations to resolve 2 nd and 3 rd level specialist engineering issues and work assignments (incident, problem, change and release) to a high standard and within service level targets
- Perform operational and project activities within the organisations ITIL based service management guidelines and security policies and standards
- Provide specialist and authoritative technical advice to stakeholders on products, issues, improvements and processes and maintain an expert understanding of applicable technologies
- Perform complex research and analysis to support accurate and technically sound recommendations and undertake approved system testing activities
- Administration of Microsoft ActiveDirectory including group policy planning, design, implementation and support
- Significant experience using the following systems, devices, tools and products:
- Enterprise virus protection/personal firewall software products, Intel/Mcafee ePO
- Microsoft based print services
- Microsoft Applocker or other whitelisting technologies
- Medium to large sized multi-function devices
- Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM) or equivalent
- Developing scripts using Powershell or VB script
- Knowledge of Windows Installer technology or equivalent
- Experience working with ITIL aligned processes and applying the methodology to the development of desktop access systems
- Significant enterprise level desktop administration, maintenance and support experience in a large complex commercial environment, including proven expertise in maintaining and supporting Windows 7,8 and 10, Microsoft office including O365 and Lotus Notes
- Customer Service Focused
- Results Orientated
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills
- Enjoys working within a team
This role will be suitable for a vibrant individual who thrives while working within a team. If this sound like you please click "Apply Now" or call Nikki Wampler in our Melbourne office 03 9623 6509.
How to Apply?
Click on the link below
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
Epson WorkForce ET-4550
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
Smart LED Bulb LB130
Huawei Mate 9
Google Daydream VR headset
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
Acer Swift 7
Lexar® Portable SSD
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Epson WorkForce DS-360W
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
Surface Pro 4
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
Dell XPS 13 laptop
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
HP Pavilion x360 13”
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Oppo R9s Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 2 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
- 3 HTC U Ultra phone full, in-depth review
- 4 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
- 5 Venom Blackbook Zero 14 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Epson launches new high-speed Enterprise inkjet printer
- It wasn't the money: Wozniak on robots, design, and Apple's origins
- LastPass fixes serious password leak vulnerabilities
- The anatomy of a powerful desktop with an ARM chip
- Obduction's new VR hand-tracking makes Myst's spiritual successor even more stunning
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Oppo R9s Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
- HTC U Ultra phone full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSocial Media ExecutiveNSW
- CCProject Support SpecialistVIC
- FTNetwork Solution ArchitectVIC
- FTService Desk Team LeaderSA
- CCProcess Assurance LeadNSW
- FTTechnical Business AnalystVIC
- FTSeeking all Java Developers!NSW
- FTRuby on Rails DeveloperQLD
- CCDomino SpecialistVIC
- CCSofware Developer/Architect - Media and telco Network Operations - MelbourneVIC
- FTDevOps - Web AdministratorQLD
- FTSenior C++ EngineerACT
- FTSenior .Net DeveloperVIC
- FTArcFM DeveloperNSW
- FTDevops EngineerVIC
- CCMeta User ResearcherACT
- TPSenior Business Analyst - QLD Parks and Wildlife ServiceQLD
- FTEUC Solution Architect l Large Transformation ProjectNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst - General InsuranceNSW
- TPBusiness AnalystNSW
- TPBusiness Analyst/Project MangerVIC
- CC3 x UX Designers - 3 month contract initially - IT Services company - SydneyNSW
- FTDeployment EngineerSA
- TPSenior Test AnalystQLD
- TPICT Training and Development OfficerQLD