Level 3 Application Support Analyst
- Level 3 support position
- Creative work environment
- Melbourne City location
Fantastic contract opportunity in Melbourne CBD - Application support/ Desktop support
My client based a Product development company in Melbourne city is expanding their business and require an Application/ Level 1/2 Desktop Support individual for this newly created role!
You will be working within a small team of high performing individuals! Your willingness to learn on the job combined with your overall attitude is of critical importance in your selection.
Your experience will comprise of and not be limited to:
- Tertiary qualified with a relevant computer science / information systems degree.
- Minimum of 4 - 5 years of working experience in an IT related field.
- Strong knowledge of computer hardware / PC's / servers / networks and Microsoft office suites
- Development experience in Client Server architecture of Microsoft Technologies such as VB 6.0/VB.net and C#
- Identifying, investigating and documenting product related issues
- Ability to read the source code for products in HTML5 and AngularJS
- Experience in writing complex queries and data manipulation in MS SQL Server and MS Access.
- Experience working in a team orientated, collaborative environment
- Ability to priorities and multi-task in a high pressure environment to achieve results.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Demonstrate friendly and professional phone manner.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills focused on listening, questioning, and communication skills (verbal & written)
- Working knowledge of Citrix and Terminal Sever
- Previous experience of working in an application support environment.
- Working knowledge of ITIL (Information Technology Infrastructure Library) framework
- Experience with FrontRange's ITSM or similar help desk / service management software system
- Be the first point of contact for all calls, emails and face to face support to resolve all level 1 issues
- Demonstrate the ability to prioritize each issue/ ticket individually and escalate the appropriate tickets to the corresponding team
- Level 1 helpdesk - Take primary responsibility for managing IT-related support requests (during office hours only), resolve issues within agreed timeframes (including escalation to vendors where required), and develop, monitor and maintain a knowledge base of processes, procedures and common issues to improve service delivery. Additionally, provide support with ICT components of on-boarding and off-boarding staff
- Identify new tools and technologies - Collaborate with the ICT Administrator to contribute to knowledge management and business improvement activities through identification, assessment and implementation design for new tools and technologies
- Escalate all severity 1 incidents to Team Leader and appropriate managers
- Actively monitor severity 1-3 incidents to ensure service levels are maintained
- Liaise with clients and address any issues requiring escalation
- Ensure accurate billing of clients for the respective incident
- Maximize billable support
- Identifying and documenting product related issues
- Handling Database corruptions and data manipulation
- Exceptional/ engaging communication skills (verbal/ written)
Apply now by sending your CV in word format and we will give you a call for a confidential discussion. To be considered for the role click the 'Apply' button or for more information about this and other opportunities please contact Kenny Nerlekar on 03 8680 4202. Please quote our job reference number: 200165271.
Reference Number: 200165271_4
How to Apply?
Click on the link below
Jobs you may also be interested in ...
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
Epson WorkForce ET-4550
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
Smart LED Bulb LB130
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
Lexar® Portable SSD
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
Huawei Mate 9
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
Acer Swift 7
Epson WorkForce DS-360W
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
Google Daydream VR headset
HP Pavilion x360 13”
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
Dell XPS 13 laptop
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
Surface Pro 4
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Oppo R9s Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 2 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
- 3 HTC U Ultra phone full, in-depth review
- 4 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
- 5 Venom Blackbook Zero 14 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Dell's 28-inch 4K monitor is just $300 right now
- Apple: Macs and iPhones are safe from newly revealed CIA exploits
- Microsoft delays tools for third-party Cortana integrations
- Google Play faces cat and mouse game with sneaky Android malware
- To punish Symantec, Google may distrust a third of the web's SSL certificates
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- And the 2017 winner of the Formula 1 Best Pit Lane Boom Gantry is...
- Behind the scenes with Team Walkinshaw at V8 Supercars Melbourne 2017
- First look at the Formula 1 2017 pit lane in Melbourne, Australia
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSocial Media ExecutiveNSW
- FTSenior C# Analyst Programmer, Product & MarketsNSW
- CC.NET Developer!QLD
- FTLevel 3 Systems EngineerNSW
- FTImplementation LeadVIC
- TP.NET DeveloperWA
- FTLevel 2 Technical Support OfficerQLD
- FTNetwork Engineer - Cisco VoiceWA
- FTMid-Level Software Engineer x 2 - Adelaide Based (PV, NV2 or NV1 required)NSW
- FTWeb Developer/ReportsNSW
- FTWeb DesignerACT
- CCTest Manager OfficeACT
- FTInfrastructure Analyst - Storage & Backup SystemsNSW
- TPJunior Business AnalystQLD
- FTDeveloper - Java/J2EEQLD
- FTApplication Support Consultant (Oracle SQL, Unix scripting)NSW
- FTPower BI Reporting DevelopersSA
- TPSenior Software DeveloperQLD
- FTSAP Data Migration SpecialistACT
- TPSenior Project CoordinatorVIC
- TPBusiness AnalystNSW
- FTJunior Applications SupportNSW
- FTDeployment Manager | ContractVIC
- CCSenior Network Architect l Checkpoint firewalls l Cisco ACINSW
- FTField Hardware Deployment EngineerNSW