Contract until end of June 2017 with likely extensions paying from $1,000/day
Brisbane CBD Location | QLD Health | Program Architect
Large Complex ICT Implementation Project
Our client, Queensland Health, as the Program Architect you will lead and motivate the technical team in the future design of the pathology, forensic (public and environmental health) and revenue services to reduce the cost to serve. This role will manage the planning and documentation of architectural options and related products to the appropriate quantity, quality, timescales and cost.
This is an autonomous role that will see you work closely with the architecture and technical teams and key stakeholders from across the business to identify risks and deliver appropriate risk mitigation strategies. You will ensure effective communication across the program and organisational teams and facilitate the completion of solution design activities.
Roles and responsibilities include;
- Own the solution design and delivery process across the Program. Ensure fit for purpose solutions, including alignment with the Queensland Health (QH) vision for the program and broader QH requirements, including but not limited to enterprise architectural guidance
- Work with program/project managers, executives, users, business and ICT staff to ensure customer needs and required functionality is defined early in the development cycle, including documenting requirements, trade-off analysis proceeding with design synthesis and system validation, all while considering the complete problem as part of a structured development process, in order to provide a quality product that meets the user needs
- Ensure that the Program has an agreed, published and working solution design and delivery process, with associated integration and change control solution elements, as well as design approval processes, across delivery and work streams / packages
- Constrain design and solution options based on funding and schedule requirements and ensure any work done on the supplier side meets demand side expectations
- Identify and manage solution design based program/project dependencies and ensure effective integration between business, information, application and technology elements of solutions
- Assure delivery against agreed conceptual, logical and detailed business and ICT designs for the program
- Negotiate and collaborate with other programs and projects to ensure that solution developed outside of the program support the needs of customers, whilst ensuring that the solution aligns with the broader QH expectations
- Ensure documents dealing with elements of design e.g. sourcing papers, integration diagrams, master test strategies, are executable, auditable and traceable to specific requirements and design decisions already made, in order to ensure effective verification traceability and validation of products to meet customer and broader stakeholder expectations
- Takes proactive steps to identify and minimise solution design and delivery related issues, risks and costs whilst optimising benefits
- ICT or related degree with a minimum of five years of professional experience in a comparable role.
- Experience in undertaking complex ICT projects and providing ICT solution design services that align with organisational objectives and business requirements.
- Strong documentation skills.
- Experience in identifying technical issues, thinking laterally and applying analytical skills to develop appropriate options for resolution.
- Significant knowledge of ICT-related government legislation, policies, procedures and systems.
- Experience of leading a technical team.
- A thorough understanding and experience with modern technologies and environments.
- Demonstrate strong analytical skills in identifying and resolving architectural issues.
- Strong intuitive and creative abilities with a strong customer focus.
- Excellent communication skills, oral, written and presentational with broad experience and evidence of each. Ability to present complex ideas to technical and non
- technical audiences.
- Strong multi-tasking skills with extremely meticulous approach to architecture designs.
- Strong team player and ability to work well with others.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Determination and resilience when working with customers.
- Background or understanding of the health industry is highly recommended
Mandatory qualifications/ other requirements
To submit your application, in strict confidence, please apply online using the appropriate link below quoting Ref No. 4A/17430.
Your interest will be treated in the strictest of confidence.
How to Apply?
Click on the link below
Smart LED Bulb LB130
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
Huawei Mate 9
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
Epson WorkForce DS-360W
Lexar® Portable SSD
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Acer Swift 7
Google Daydream VR headset
Dell XPS 13 laptop
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
HP Pavilion x360 13”
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
Surface Pro 4
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Oppo R9s Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 2 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
- 3 HTC U Ultra phone full, in-depth review
- 4 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
- 5 Kogan curved 4K UHD 55-inch LED LCD TV review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft OneNote for beginners: Everything you need to know
- Subaru XV 2017 review
- Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 phone: Full, in-depth review
- You won't find a steering wheel or a driver on this autonomous shuttle
- MIT researchers set out to create self-assembling chips
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 phone: Full, in-depth review
- LG G6: unboxing, hands on review and detail shots
- And the 2017 winner of the Formula 1 Best Pit Lane Boom Gantry is...
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSocial Media ExecutiveNSW
- FTDrupal Developer - SeniorQLD
- CCProduct Design AnalystNSW
- CCOracle Middleware Production SupportACT
- FTApplication Support Analyst - SMSF solutions - www.class.com.auNSW
- CCCloud Infrastructure SpecialistNSW
- FTSenior Business Analysis - FinanceQLD
- FTProgram Manager-SAP Transition, SAP FICO ImplementationNSW
- CCLevel 1 IT Support OfficerACT
- CCApplication Support Specialist- Bathurst or Port MacquarieNSW
- FTReporting Analyst - HR / PayrollNSW
- FTApplication Team Lead - ERP & Microsoft TechnologiesNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst (BPMN or UML & Agile)QLD
- FTFunctional Consultant - CommercialsQLD
- TPUnix- Technical Support OfficerVIC
- FTProject SchedulerACT
- FTNetwork Solution ArchitectVIC
- FTSCCM AdministratorACT
- FTHadoop Service AdministratorNSW
- TPService Desk AnalystVIC
- CCSenior Security AnalystsACT
- FTCloud Infrastructure Specialist - Azure/AWSNSW
- FTLevel 3 Application Support AnalystVIC
- TPSolution ArchitechtSA
- FTBusiness Analyst (BI / Analytics)NSW