Senior Business Analyst - QLD Parks and Wildlife Service
6 month contract with possible 6 month extension
Permitting and Approval Solution
About this role
Queensland Parks and Wildlife Service (QPWS) is planning to implement a new permitting and approval solution. You will provide Business Analysis support on the regulatory/compliance project. The role is varied and therefore we are looking for a breadth of skills.
The role will involve reviewing and capturing of business requirements, detailed process (including data, reports and security roles) mapping and analysis and re-engineering, i.e. 'As Is' and 'To be'.
This role will also involve interfacing with a range of external and internal stakeholders including business staff, solution architect, procurement staff, testing staff, and configuration and development teams.
Preferred knowledge / experience
- Minimum of 5 years' experience in a senior Business Analyst role or a role requiring business process analysis and improvement.
- Experience in development of business requirements, specifications, Data Dictionary, Entity Relationship diagram, Business Process model, User Stories, and wireframes.
- Strong knowledge of business Process Modelling and application of design methodologies and documentation standards such as BPMN or UML.
- Proven experience interpreting and translating analysis results into insightful, clear and succinct specifications and requirement documentation.
- Superior communication and learning ability.
- Must be adaptable to change, pro-active and have good listening skills.
- Business requirements;
- 'as is' and 'to be' Business process (including business rules governing the business processes) using Business Process Management Notation 2.0;
- Specifications (for procurement and contracting);
- User stories and use cases;
- Entity relationship diagram;
- Data dictionary.
- Apply strong business modelling skills that allow a current process to be analysed and the ability to put recommendations together to improve process efficiency and quality.
- Provide expertise and advice, lead the facilitation of workshops and forums to enable the development and analysis of requirements, specification, user stories and use cases, data dictionary and process diagrams.
- Collaborate with a diverse group of stakeholders including team members and vendors, to lead a dialogue about design options, and identify gaps and chart out enhancement and improvement action plans to ensure business requirements are adhered to and are relevant to scopes of work and stakeholder's expectations.
- Provide advice and liaise with Test analyst to ensure business requirements and specifications are incorporated into testing products.
- Contribute to development of detailed functional requirements including system scope and objectives for implementation of changes to new solution.
- Contribute to development of processes for migrating and archiving data from existing application/s in a manner to enable future access, to meet and support the new and ongoing business requirements.
- Contribute to development of work procedures and instructions to support the implementation of a new solutions.
- Support the population of the central repository with process diagrams, requirements, test scenarios and other information as required.
- Participate in tendering and selection process where required.
- Work independently and collaboratively with the Project Manager and stakeholders to ensure successful and timely delivery of deliverables.
- Provide regular updates to the Project Managers on the status of activities, including advice on how any challenging issues may be resolved.
- Actively participate as a member of the Project team, including contributing to project team meetings / stand-ups.
Engage internal and external stakeholders to gather, validate and document:
Applications close 12pm Friday 17th March.
Like to know more?
To submit your application, in strict confidence, please apply online using the appropriate link below. Alternatively, for a confidential discussion, please contact Kylie Graham in our Brisbane office on 07 3258 8380, quoting Ref No. 4A/17482
How to Apply?
Click on the link below
Smart LED Bulb LB130
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Epson WorkForce ET-4550
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
Google Daydream VR headset
Epson WorkForce DS-360W
Acer Swift 7
Huawei Mate 9
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
Lexar® Portable SSD
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
HP Pavilion x360 13”
Surface Pro 4
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
Dell XPS 13 laptop
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Oppo R9s Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 2 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
- 3 HTC U Ultra phone full, in-depth review
- 4 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
- 5 Venom Blackbook Zero 14 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Apple acquires Workflow automation app, offers it free
- Epson launches new high-speed Enterprise inkjet printer
- It wasn't the money: Wozniak on robots, design, and Apple's origins
- LastPass fixes serious password leak vulnerabilities
- The anatomy of a powerful desktop with an ARM chip
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Oppo R9s Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
- HTC U Ultra phone full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSocial Media ExecutiveNSW
- CCInfrastructure Project ManagerNSW
- FTTechnical Business AnalystNSW
- TPEnterprise Network Services ManagerACT
- TPFull Stack .NET DeveloperWA
- CCBusiness Analyst - General InsuranceNSW
- FTEDRMS Service ManagerNSW
- TPSenior .NET Developer - Contract roleWA
- FTSenior Software Engineer x 2 - Adelaide Based (PV, NV2 or NV1 required)WA
- TPEngineer Desktop DevelopmentVIC
- FTNetwork Security AnalystNSW
- CCTechnical Business Analyst (Security) - Finance - Contract - Sydney CBDNSW
- FTSenior .Net DeveloperVIC
- CCProject CoordinatorVIC
- CC3 x UX Designers - 3 month contract initially - IT Services company - SydneyNSW
- CCSharePoint Developer - Multiple Roles - 3-6 Mth Contract Initially - SydneyNSW
- FTSenior Software Engineer x 2 - Adelaide Based (PV, NV2 or NV1 required)ACT
- TPOracle Consultant - CC&BQLD
- TPSenior Node.JS DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst - Forecasting SASNSW
- FTMid-Level Software Engineer x 2 - Positive Vetting, NV2 or NV1 required!!SA
- FTDatabase DeveloperSA
- TPICT Training and Development OfficerQLD
- TPJunior Business AnlystVIC
- TPMid-Level Java DeveloperNSW