Devops Consultant - 12 month contract
- Cool, exciting Projects Large complex organisation
- Contract role- ASAP start!
- Melbourne CBD location
Melbourne CBD, join a growing team, large complex environment, make your mark! Contract role, asap start!
My client, a well known and well respected player in the Australian market is seeking a competent & experienced DevOps consultant to join their expanding team in Melbourne CBD.
The focus is be seconded to various business solution projects utilising your knowledge and expertise of DevOps practices and processes, with the aim of increasing productivity and quality of their delivery activities through robust automated build and deployments through the SDLC pipeline.
- Knowledge and 5 + years of experience in DevOps consulting, Continuous Integration / Continuous Delivery and change management skills
- Continuous Integration practices and tools. Tools such as Jenkins/Hudson etc.
- 4+ years in Windows and Linux (RedHat /CentOS) system experience
- Experience in Azure, AWS, Ansible etc.
- Experience in data-center automation tools such as Puppet, Capistrano etc.
- Central patch management for Windows and Linux: WSUS, YUM, Spacewalk/Satellite
- Hands on experience within current and practical hardware and network management
- Perform hands-on design and implementation of Continuous Delivery and Environments Infrastructure
- Experience working on one or more of these programming languages - .Net, Java, J2EE, Shell, Powershell, Perl, Ruby, Groovy, Python etc.
- Experience in Agile Software Development and Management methods and ability to excel within an "Agile" environment is ideal
- Use of build languages such as Ant, Maven, NAnt, MsBuild, Gant, Gradle, rake, etc.
- Use of version-control systems such as primarily Git and GitHub, other include Subversion etc.
- SQL (DDL and DML) scripting.
- Experience in different database platforms. Use of automated database upgrade tools is helpful. Tools such as Liquibase, RedGate, dbdeploy, etc.
- Release Management and Configuration Management practices such as parallel development (tagging, branching, etc.)
- Ideally experienced in a variety of Microsoft products and tools (SQL, AD, DNS, GPO, IIS, WSUS, SCCM, etc.)
Apply now for immediate consideration.
To be considered for the role click the 'Apply' button or for more information about this and other opportunities please contact Kenny Nerlekar on 03 8680 4202. Please quote our job reference number: 200165309.
Reference Number: 200165309_4
How to Apply?
Click on the link below
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- 2 Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- 3 Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- 4 LG G6 phone: full, in-depth review
- 5 Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 phone: Full, in-depth review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Samsung will launch new flagship smartphone months after Galaxy S8
- Ransomware attacks are taking a greater toll on victims’ wallets
- How HP reclaimed the title of world's top PC maker from Lenovo
- Companion mobile app exposed Hyundai cars to potential hijacking
- FCC chairman plans to 'reverse the mistake' of net neutrality
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSolution ArchitectACT
- FTDrupal Web DeveloperACT
- TPSystem AdministratorQLD
- TPProject/Deployment ManagerQLD
- TPPMO LeadNSW
- FTInfrastructure Architect - UrgentSA
- FTData Entry Administrator - TelecommunicationsNSW
- TPSenior Business Analyst - Student Management SystemQLD
- FTApplication Support Lead - Health ApplicationsNSW
- CCDevops Consultant - 12 month contractVIC
- CCProject ManagerNSW
- FTSales Lead - Healthcare systemsVIC
- CCMaster Data Analyst - SAPNSW
- TPSenior iOS EngineerNSW
- FTSenior Agile Test AnalystNSW
- TPData AnalystVIC
- FTContracts ManagerNSW
- FTGeospatial Data AnalystVIC
- TPBusiness Project ManagerNSW
- FTTechnical ConsultantACT
- CCVDI EngineerACT
- CCTelecommunication Business SpecialistVIC
- FTPMO CoordinatorACT
- TPBusiness AnalystQLD
- TPSenior SQL Database AdministratorNSW