Business Development Manager
Leading Application Delivery Vendor
Handsome Salary OTE Package
About the company
You will get to work with a leading global vendor providing Cloud and Application risk mitigation services. With recent awards and wins on the global stage, you will be joining a company who has built a very strong reputation in the Canberra market.
About the role
The Business Development Manager (BDM) role is a hunter style role. The BDM is responsible for driving new business in ACT - by actively engaging with clients & partners to drive solution sales through to conclusion. As the successful BDM, you will have a good track record of success selling ICT solutions to Defence, Federal Government and Enterprise markets in the last 5 years having focused on high availability, acceleration and/or security solutions. The BDM is responsible for achieving budget growth in the short term while contributing to developing sustainable growth in the long term.
Duties will include;
- All areas of work in a sales cycle, including but not limited to: cold calling, prospecting, meeting prospects, preparing proposals and developing relationships
- Actively drive new business, engaging with clients, re-sellers & distributors to drive solution sales through to conclusion
- Ongoing identification, development and assessment of business opportunities
- Managing and achieving a sales quota for both short & long term opportunities
- Creating and managing specifically targeted sales campaigns
- Update and maintain an accurate CRM database
- Innovation and Continuous Improvement
- Collaborate with various teams and actively contribute and participate in decision making to improve team and business outcomes
- Attend & successfully complete product training
- Identify functionality features and industry trends that could be added to product roadmap
Skills and Experience
- Proven ICT solution sales experience - preferably in high availability, application acceleration and/or security solutions
- 5 years experience managing and growing a channel business
- Proven track record in managing and meeting multi-million dollar budgets
- Well-connected with strong relationships with key decision makers and influencers in organisations, particularly within Defence, Federal Government and Enterprise in the ACT
- A willingness to learn and a passion for sales. A self-starter, with high energy levels and a positive "can do" attitude
- Honesty, integrity, trust and commitment together with solid communication, presentation, and problem-solving skills
In return for your skills and demonstrated experience as a BDM, you will be rewarded with a rewarding salary and OTE component.
To be eligible for this role, only Australian Citizens apply due to Security Clearance requirements.
To submit your application, in strict confidence, please apply online using the appropriate link below. Alternatively, for a confidential discussion, please contact Stuart Gibbs on 02 6229 1571 quoting Ref No: 1B/08704
How to Apply?
Click on the link below
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- 2 Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- 3 Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- 4 LG G6 phone: full, in-depth review
- 5 Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 phone: Full, in-depth review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- NSA ends surveillance tactic that pulled in citizens' emails, texts
- Stealthy Mac malware spies on encrypted browser traffic
- Microsoft reinstates My People for Windows 10, connecting you to your BFFs
- This overclocked EVGA GTX 1050 Ti costs less than reference models
- Google's Chrome will soon start warning you more about HTTP pages
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSenior Java DeveloperVIC
- CCPersonal AssistantNSW
- TPPHP Developer - Immediate startQLD
- CCProject ManagerNSW
- FTTelecommunications Installation ManagerSA
- CCOracle DeveloperVIC
- TPPrincipal Project Officer - ReportingQLD
- TPLinux System AdministratorQLD
- FTStorage EngineerSA
- CCTechnical ConsutlantACT
- FTSecurity and Technical Risk ManagerQLD
- FTSenior Infrastructure Business AnalystVIC
- CCCommercial ManagerVIC
- FTBusiness AnalystVIC
- FTElectronic Payments POS Business Analyst - Permanent - North Ryde areaNSW
- FTSenior Project Manager - (Customer Platforms)NSW
- FTSenior Functional Analyst - FinanceQLD
- FTSolution ArchitectQLD
- FTSolution ArchitectACT
- FTCRM Technical Specialist (Oracle Eloqua)SA
- FTProject Manager- RiskSA
- CCSolution ArchitectNSW
- FTHelpdesk SupportNSW
- FTProject Manager - Knowledge Management implementationVIC