Microsoft added Cortana to the Android lock screen in an update earlier this month, but now you can ask questions and have it do things without needing to unlock your phones.
Google announced that it will be shutting Talk down on June 26 and removing SMS support from Hangouts on May 22 in a continuing attempt to consolidate its many messaging apps.
While Google Hangouts is making a shift to serve enterprise users, it won’t be vanishing for consumers.
Customers who have Reserved Instance contracts with Amazon Web Services will be able to subdivide some of their Linux and Unix virtual machine instances while maintaining their capacity discounts, thanks to pricing changes announced Monday.
After months of exclusivity on the Pixel and Pixel XL, Google will allow all Nougat and Marshmallow phones in the U.S., Canada, the UK, Australia, and Germany to talk to Assistant.
Google is building out its enterprise productivity features with the forthcoming launch of a service called Cloud Search that’s designed to help employees find the information they need.
Intel may have cut ties with Android on smartphones and tablets, but the company's partnership with Google on Android for the internet of things is growing stronger.
Google is interested in bringing "smart tools" to board computers like Raspberry Pi 3 and Intel's Edison.
New Google app lets you find your friends, family during an emergency.
The new Pixel brand replaces the Nexus line and things have become as premium as you can get.
Google’s new digital assistant – called Google Assistant – has upped the level of A.I. available to regular phone users thanks to the new Google Pixel phone and the Allo chat app. It assistant offers more than just voice recognition – it understands the context of what you’re saying. We suspect that the developers have also had some fun baking in some tongue-in-cheek responses.
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
Epson WorkForce ET-4550
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
Smart LED Bulb LB130
Acer Swift 7
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
Epson WorkForce DS-360W
Google Daydream VR headset
Lexar® Portable SSD
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Huawei Mate 9
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
HP Pavilion x360 13”
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
Surface Pro 4
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
Dell XPS 13 laptop
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 phone: Full, in-depth review
- 2 Oppo R9s Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
- 4 HTC U Ultra phone full, in-depth review
- 5 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- If Google Assistant isn't your thing, you can now talk to Cortana on the lock screen
- Google shuttering Talk, removing SMS support from Hangouts in new messaging shakeup
- Google Hangouts won't disappear for consumers despite enterprise focus
- AWS follows Google with Reserved Instance flexibility changes
- Google will start adding Assistant to Nougat and Marshmallow phones this week
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 phone: Full, in-depth review
- LG G6: unboxing, hands on review and detail shots
- And the 2017 winner of the Formula 1 Best Pit Lane Boom Gantry is...
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSocial Media ExecutiveNSW
- CCFinancial/Logistics Administration OfficerACT
- CCProduct Design AnalystNSW
- FTTechnical ConsultantACT
- FTTest AdvertSA
- FT.Net Developer - work on cutting edge BAU projectsVIC
- TPSenior Business Project ManagerNSW
- FTKey Account ManagerVIC
- CCWeb Devops EngineerNSW
- FTSeeking all Java Developers!SA
- FTSenior Capacity Planner | Contract through till DecemberVIC
- FTInfrastructure EngineerQLD
- FTSystem Engineer - Level 2NSW
- FTJava Developer - Short team Contract @ CanberraACT
- FTProject Co-OrdinaterNSW
- FTRuby on Rails DeveloperQLD
- CCIT Project Scheduler- Port MacquarieQLD
- FTProcurement Business AnalystVIC
- FTHead of ArchitectureNSW
- CCChange and Communications ManagerQLD
- FTTeam LeaderNSW
- CCIT Business Analyst - UX DesignNSW
- FTPMO CoordinatorNSW
- FTChief Architect - Principal ArchitectVIC
- CCSenior Full Stack Web Developer - Port MacquarieQLD