We visited Cisco’s new Office in North Sydney. And we were envious. In this open plan environment with over 450 employees, Cisco doesn’t run out of room despite technically only providing under 200 desks. People can work where they want, use meeting rooms when they want, use big 4K monitors and sit down on $1500 chairs – or business class-like aeroplane loungers.
Networking, Wireless & VoIP - Slideshows
We don't often perform 'unboxing' articles about modem-routers, but iiNet's Budii deserves one considering how much effort the ISP has put into the packaging and aesthetics of its latest offering.
RF’s most odd, unusual, cool, intriguing network applications for work, fashion, health and play
Microsoft’s new metro-style Start screen is getting all the buzz, but for IT administrators there are many new network-related features and changes in both Windows 8 and Windows Server 2012 to be aware of.
Tech companies are out in force at CeBIT Australia 2012, showing off everything from desktops and laptops to printers, storage and networking products.
Deciding what to buy friends and loved ones gifts for Christmas is never easy, but there are plenty of little gizmos to choose from if they are technically-minded. We've put together a little list of what we think would make useful and interesting gifts, from portable speakers to iPhone apps, from vinyl-to-MP3 rippers to phone-controlled helicopters -- we've tried to keep the mix as eclectic as possible.
Belkin's ScreenCast AV4 allows you to connect HDMI devices to your TV, even if those devices are located in another room.
One of the funnest parts of the Consumer Electronics Show are the cool, the crazy, and just-around-the-corner products.
Cisco Subnet blogger Scott Hogg names his favorite free open source tools to keep your network humming.
iPhones and other handhelds bought for home use are infiltrating corporate networks, but there's a host of other wireless technologies that comprise a wave of mobile computing that is creating sweeping changes in business infrastructure. How well versed are you in the technical and not-so- technical details? Keep score as you take this brief quiz to find out and then see how well you did at the end.
Last Thursday morning, the National Broadband Network was officially launched in Tasmania by Prime Minister Julia Gillard, Communications Minister Stephen Conroy and Tasmanian Premier David Bartlett.
A visual history of the science and sci-fi of phone calls you can see. (And, no, it didn't start with The Jetsons.)
We've selected some of the geekiest T-shirts ever spotted in the wild. Just being seen wearing one of these classics can elevate you to the heady heights of geek chic. Prepare for the awesomeness that ensues!
We round up the best tech bargains of the week, including a Samsung smartphone that records HD video, a Sharp television that doubles as a Blu-ray player and a massive Harvey Norman sale!
2010 CTIA Kicks Off
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- 2 Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- 3 Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- 4 LG G6 phone: full, in-depth review
- 5 Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 phone: Full, in-depth review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Google's Espresso networking tech takes SD-WAN to internet scale
- Netgear expands its Orbi Wi-Fi system into a product family, adding two less-expensive models
- Chips coming by June will herald the next generation of Wi-Fi
- Plume's 'routerless' mesh network blankets your home in Wi-Fi with an army of tiny pods
- Netgear Nighthawk X10 AD7200 Smart WiFi Router goes all the way to 11
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSenior Infrastructure Business AnalystVIC
- FTPMO CoordinatorVIC
- FTWintel EngineerNSW
- TPSystem AdministratorQLD
- TPAV Design SpecialistNSW
- FTIT ArchitectNSW
- FTIT Helpdesk AnalystVIC
- FT.Net Developer - work on cutting edge BAU projectsVIC
- FTFull Stack Developer - Symfony 2QLD
- FTBusiness Analyst/Project ManagerQLD
- FTService Delivery ManagerNSW
- FTBusiness Specialist - TelecommunicationsNSW
- FTWindows Dev Ops EngineerNSW
- CCTechnical Consutlant - Entry Level - HPSMVIC
- CCSenior Full-Stack Developer (Digital Transformation Project)QLD
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- CCSystems AdministratorNSW
- FTIT Test ManagerNSW
- FTSenior / Lead AEM DeveloperNSW
- TPPrincipal Project Officer - ReportingQLD
- CCSenior Business Analyst - Mobile ApplicationsQLD
- CCSecurity ConsultantVIC
- CCSolution Architect - Network Operations/Design - TelcoVIC
- CCTibco Integration Specialist l Port MacquarieQLD
- TPProgram Manager - 12 month contractQLD