Intel could tap a new high-speed interconnect, known as EMIB, to join different chips together to make future CPUs.
PC Components - News
Many scientists agree that Moore's Law is dying, but Intel's clinging on to it for dear life. It has been Intel's guiding light to make chips smaller, faster and cheaper, and the company is now revisiting some of the metrics driven by observation.
Researchers have come up with a unique self-assembling technique that could be used to cram more features on smaller chip geometries.
Intel's spanking new high-capacity Optane SSD is cool, but drives from other storage vendors based on the 3D Xpoint technology could be coming later this year.
Intel debuts Optane Memory as a "revolutionary" technology that could make hard drives feel like SSDs, but enthusiasts were hoping for more.
AMD has dispelled most of the rumors around the confusing performance of its Ryzen CPU, clearing Windows 10 and other software from blame.
Nvidia's new Game Ready driver improves GeForce cards' DirectX 12 performance by an average of 16 percent.
We were told by AMD that we’d have to set memory timings manually with the new Ryzen platform but, at least with Gigabyte’s AM4 motherboards, we don’t have to.
In a room cordoned off from the Mobile World Congress audience, Samsung was showing off untethered headsets that operates independent of smartphones.
To make way for the beastly GTX 1080 Ti, Nvidia announced a price cut for the GTX 1080, the former GeForce champion.
Don't buy an AM4 motherboard for your AMD Ryzen processor until you read this.
Qualcomm has big plans to bring back ARM to Windows 10 PCs, and there is a chance that its Snapdragon 835 could support Windows Holographic for VR headsets.
Intel has teased its 8th generation Core processors, dubbed Coffee Lake, and says they’ll be available this year. Here’s what we know so far about Coffee Lake and Cannon Lake.
Intel passed on the opportunity to make chips for the first iPhone, and in May discontinued Atom smartphone chips after wasting billions trying to get them in handsets. The chip company instead started building a new mobile identity around its modems...
PC prices are going up due to a shortage of a number of components, and the situation isn't expected to change in the coming quarters.
Smart LED Bulb LB130
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
Epson WorkForce ET-4550
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
Huawei Mate 9
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
Acer Swift 7
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
Lexar® Portable SSD
Google Daydream VR headset
Epson WorkForce DS-360W
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
Surface Pro 4
Dell XPS 13 laptop
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
HP Pavilion x360 13”
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 phone: Full, in-depth review
- 2 Oppo R9s Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
- 4 HTC U Ultra phone full, in-depth review
- 5 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Future Intel CPUs could be cobbled together using different parts
- Intel digs deep to keep Moore's Law alive
- MIT researchers set out to create self-assembling chips
- Micron to ship Intel Optane competitor later this year
- Intel Optane Memory has a mission: Make hard drives faster than SSDs
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 phone: Full, in-depth review
- LG G6: unboxing, hands on review and detail shots
- And the 2017 winner of the Formula 1 Best Pit Lane Boom Gantry is...
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSocial Media ExecutiveNSW
- CCSecurity ManagerACT
- TPAO6 IT Procurement OfficerQLD
- FTUX DesignerNSW
- FTSolution Architect (e-Health)NSW
- CCBusiness Analyst - Cyber Security EnvironmentACT
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- FTLevel 2/3 Application Support SpecialistQLD
- FTFinancial ERP Customer - Solution Consultant / System AccountantNSW
- FTNetwork Services ManagerQLD
- CCChange AnalystQLD
- CCBusiness Implementation Manager - Wealth AdviceNSW
- FTDirector, Centre for Cyber Security SolutionsVIC
- FTCloud Infrastructure Specialist - Azure/AWSNSW
- CCProject Scheduler/CoordinatorVIC
- FTSOE Team LeaderNSW
- CCLead SAP SRM DeveloperACT
- FTResponsive Design Developer, Frontend, PHP, WordpressNSW
- TPAutomation Test AnalystSA
- FTResponsive Design Developer, Frontend, PHP, WordpressNSW
- FTSenior .Net Developer (Silverlight)VIC
- CCEnterprise/Solution ArchitectNSW
- TPSenior Front End DeveloperVIC
- FTTest Automation Lead | 6mth ContractVIC
- TPSolution Architect - Integration - Bespoke ProjectQLD