A senior U.K. official is asking that law enforcement should be given access to encrypted messages on WhatsApp and similar services, a demand that is likely to fuel an ongoing debate over whether companies should create backdoors into their encryption technologies for investigators.
The U.S. Senate has voted to kill broadband provider privacy regulations prohibiting them from selling customers' web-browsing histories and other data without permission.
FBI director James Comey told a cybersecurity conference that “absolute privacy” has never been part of the nation’s privacy-security bargain. Ubiquitous strong encryption, he said, “shatters that bargain.”
A resolution introduced in the U.S. Senate on Tuesday aims to roll back privacy rules for broadband service providers that were approved by the Federal Communications Commission in October.
Did a toymaker ignore warnings about a data breach? That’s a key question swirling around Spiral Toys, a company behind a line of smart stuffed animals that security researchers worry can be easily hacked.
You can hide from casual observers, but a motivated person will see through your attempts at anonymization.
Australian Privacy Commissioner Timothy Pilgrim will not appeal a Federal Court decision that confirmed a ruling by the Administrative Appeals Tribunal (AAT) limiting the ‘metadata’ Telstra is compelled to hand over to an individual if that individual requests access to it.
Privacy advocates are claiming in court that an FBI hacking operation to take down a child pornography site was unconstitutional and violated international law.
This is a powerful VPN, but expert users might the older version, prefer HMA 2, which has a more conventional desktop software look and feel.
Smart LED Bulb LB130
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
Epson WorkForce ET-4550
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
Huawei Mate 9
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
Acer Swift 7
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
Lexar® Portable SSD
Google Daydream VR headset
Epson WorkForce DS-360W
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
Surface Pro 4
Dell XPS 13 laptop
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
HP Pavilion x360 13”
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 phone: Full, in-depth review
- 2 Oppo R9s Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
- 4 HTC U Ultra phone full, in-depth review
- 5 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- UK official wants police access to WhatsApp messages
- Senate votes to kill FCC's broadband privacy rules
- Comey: Strong encryption “shatters” privacy-security bargain
- US Senate resolution aims to roll back privacy rules for ISPs
- Smart teddy bear maker faces scrutiny over data breach response
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 phone: Full, in-depth review
- LG G6: unboxing, hands on review and detail shots
- And the 2017 winner of the Formula 1 Best Pit Lane Boom Gantry is...
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSocial Media ExecutiveNSW
- CCSecurity ManagerACT
- TPAO6 IT Procurement OfficerQLD
- FTUX DesignerNSW
- FTSolution Architect (e-Health)NSW
- CCBusiness Analyst - Cyber Security EnvironmentACT
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- FTLevel 2/3 Application Support SpecialistQLD
- FTFinancial ERP Customer - Solution Consultant / System AccountantNSW
- FTNetwork Services ManagerQLD
- CCChange AnalystQLD
- CCBusiness Implementation Manager - Wealth AdviceNSW
- FTDirector, Centre for Cyber Security SolutionsVIC
- FTCloud Infrastructure Specialist - Azure/AWSNSW
- CCProject Scheduler/CoordinatorVIC
- FTSOE Team LeaderNSW
- CCLead SAP SRM DeveloperACT
- FTResponsive Design Developer, Frontend, PHP, WordpressNSW
- TPAutomation Test AnalystSA
- FTResponsive Design Developer, Frontend, PHP, WordpressNSW
- FTSenior .Net Developer (Silverlight)VIC
- CCEnterprise/Solution ArchitectNSW
- TPSenior Front End DeveloperVIC
- FTTest Automation Lead | 6mth ContractVIC
- TPSolution Architect - Integration - Bespoke ProjectQLD