A nearly perfect blend of Windows and Mac
Innovative smartphone but with issues
Are Android phones better than the iPhone 7 Plus?
Turn your iPad into a proper laptop
This battery case boosts your battery and enhances audio
Apple in pictures
Sometimes it's the small things that make the biggest difference.
Eight years since its debut, Apple's iPhone has changed and conquered the smartphone market. Here are some interesting facts you might not know about the iPhone.
From using Siri to muting notifications to saving battery life, here are some of the most useful Apple Watch tips and tricks you should learn.
From Apple and Amazon to Myspace and AOL, here are some of the earliest website designs for some of the tech industry's biggest companies.
Griffin still won't commit to a date to release Windows 10 support for its PowerMate control knob, which probably inspired Microsoft's Surface Dial.
The iPhone 8 would benefit from the Galaxy S8's edge-to-edge display, augmented reality camera, and a smarter assistant.
Apple would be smart to make good on speculation about new iPad screen sizes, but don't expect the recent slump in tablet sales to end, analysts said.
We tested a stack of USB-C charging laptops and surprise: They finally work! (Mostly).
Apple has overtaken Samsung Electronics in smartphone sales for the first time in two years -- but don't count on it staying ahead for long.
You upgraded to the latest version of iOS, but now you need to revert back? Here are the instructions.
Tabs will help clean up your windows and make it easier to find what you need.
Contextual intelligence to help you with your life
Tweaking the Finder toolbar can help you become more productive.
Autocorrect is a boon from the computer gods for anyone engaged in tiny-screen typing, but it's also the bane of every iPhone and iPad user's existence. You can accept the gift and avoid the grief by paying attention to a few details.
We pit Apple's redesigned MacBook Pro 15 against Dell's upgraded XPS 15 to see which of these quad-core workhorses is the best. The answer may not surprise you.
As some industry experts wonder whether Apple will add wireless charging to its next iPhone, others believe it will go all in -- cutting the charging cord completely, just as it cut the analog audio port in the iPhone 7.
Most reviewers said the MacBook Pro's battery life was great. Many users said the MacBook Pro's battery life was terrible, and Consumer Reports agreed until it changed its mind. Who's right? We ran a bunch of benchmarks to find out.
We’ve reviewed many phones this year. Usually the later models are better than the older ones, but which ones had the most impact and which ones stood the test of time. Here are the contenders for our Phone of the Year 2016 award.
There’s some debate surrounding what a mid-range phone actually is. We find that there are cheap phones under $300, some good-value phones up to around $500, then a collection of mid-range phones up to $600. However, if you push a little harder you g...
Whitepapers about Apple
With iOS 8, Apple has acknowledged the need for tighter IT controls through its addition of business-ready MDM features. But alone, they aren’t enough to meet enterprise security requirements. Get 5 tips to consider with new iOS 8 features.
Videos about Apple
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- 2 Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- 3 Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- 4 LG G6 phone: full, in-depth review
- 5 Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 phone: Full, in-depth review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- NSA ends surveillance tactic that pulled in citizens' emails, texts
- Stealthy Mac malware spies on encrypted browser traffic
- Microsoft reinstates My People for Windows 10, connecting you to your BFFs
- This overclocked EVGA GTX 1050 Ti costs less than reference models
- Google's Chrome will soon start warning you more about HTTP pages
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCSolution ArchitectNSW
- TPSenior Project Officer HSQQLD
- CCIT Information Architect..VIC
- CCSenior Full-Stack Developer (Digital Transformation Project)QLD
- FTNetwork Consulting ArchitectVIC
- CCBusiness Process Analyst (Automation) - Finance - Contract - ParramattaNSW
- TPPMO LeadNSW
- CCIntegration ArchitectACT
- CCTest Capability LeadNSW
- FTSoftware Engineer - Build/Image MaintenanceACT
- TPBusiness AnalystQLD
- FTSenior Systems Engineer x 2NSW
- CCSenior Network Architect l CCNP/CCIE R&S l Cisco ACINSW
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- FTSecurity Support Manager - Perth BasedNSW
- TPSOE EngineerACT
- FTPERMANENT Business AnalystsSA
- CCSystems Specialist - Network Systems l Port MacquarieQLD
- FTSenior Infrastructure Business AnalystVIC
- TPBI AnalystQLD
- CCSAP ISU Device Management ConsultantVIC
- FTBI BA Consultant l Microstrategy, Business ObjectsNSW
- CCProcess Specialist - TelcoVIC
- CCSolution DesignerVIC
- TPBusiness AnalystVIC