HTC’s new flagship Android smartphone looks amazing but what else?
The perfect Android phone. Almost
An overpriced 2016 Android smartphone launched in 2017
Innovative smartphone but with issues
Daydream VR now makes this a must-have phone
There's some ambiguity on what exactly the Leica partnership means, but early indications are the phones offer admirable low-light performance.
Microsoft trash-talked Apple and Samsung’s flagship at the unveiling of the Lumia 830 by claiming it will outperform Apple’s iPhone and Samsung’s Galaxy as a value buy. Does its Lumia 830 live up to the hype?
Australia will be one of three countries to receive an alpha release of Microsoft’s personal assistant. Unfortunately, the alpha model of Cortona will not support Australian accents and idioms as it inherits US and UK speaking models.
Microsoft-owned Nokia will take on Motorola with the launch of its budget Lumia 635, a quad-core smartphone running Windows Phone 8.1 and armed with 4G internet speeds.
An Android engineering team member earlier this week lashed out at critics who spread fears of fragmentation in the Android mobile phone market
Which smartphones are on sale at big discounts?
We’ve reviewed many phones this year. Usually the later models are better than the older ones, but which ones had the most impact and which ones stood the test of time. Here are the contenders for our Phone of the Year 2016 award.
Professional photographer Chase Jarvis lives by the maxim that the best camera is the one that you have with you. These days that’s likely to be your camera phone. How can you optimize the photos you take with it? Read on for some quick tips.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- 2 Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- 3 Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- 4 LG G6 phone: full, in-depth review
- 5 Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 phone: Full, in-depth review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Newegg has lowered the price of HP's Stream 11 Pro G2 to $180
- Acer's Predator X27 G-Sync HDR monitor is infused with every feature you could ask for
- How to find the Windows 10 Creators Update's hidden desktop themes
- AMD updates Ryzen drivers with a new power profile and the promise of better performance
- BlackBerry KeyOne to launch in US and Canada in late May
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTFrontend DeveloperNSW
- FTWindows Dev Ops EngineerNSW
- CCSecurity Specialist - NV1ACT
- CCJava DeveloperACT
- FTCampaign ManagerNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- FTBI Report DeveloperQLD
- CCTelecommunication Business SpecialistTAS
- CCTest Capability LeadNSW
- FTTelecommunications Installation ManagerSA
- FTSenior Analyst ProgrammerACT
- FTAudio Visual / Video Solution Architect | $100 p/hrVIC
- FTFinance Analyst with Accounting | 8 Month ContractVIC
- FTSenior Systems EngineerNSW
- FTProcurement AdvisorQLD
- CCSenior System AdministratorQLD
- FTSenior Business AnalystNSW
- TPProject Co-ordinatorNSW
- TPSAP Supply Lead - MM/LogisticsQLD
- TPInfrastructure ArchitectQLD
- FTOperations OrchestrationVIC
- FTIT Security RolesACT
- TPAV Design SpecialistNSW
- FTData Analyst - Tableau and Power BI suiteNSW