Gimmicks aside this is the best android smartphone you can buy
If you don't pay full price, this jack of all trades is a great value all-round android smartphone
Samsung's new LED LCD smart 4K UHD TVs represent a big improvement in quality. But they're expensive.
Daydream VR now makes this a must-have phone
Good bass, 4GB storage, but nagging drawbacks.
samsung in pictures
Samsung delayed the launch of its flagship Samsung Galaxy S8 Android smartphone, but it has launched it's mid-range Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 model. We were keen to have a look and see if it was worth bothering with.
Last night we had our first look at Samsung’s new TV range. Few won’t have been impressed. The colour performance is stunning and rivals LG’s OLED TVs. The motion smoothing is also nothing-short-of-amazing.
While 2016 sucked in many ways, many great things happened in the world of technology. However, there were some absolute shockers too. Here we look at the 10 best technology products of 2016 and follow it with the 10 worst technology products of 2016.
Tech giant showcases TVs, devices, wearables and a raft of new home gadgets at CES 2016 in Las Vegas.
Reliable analyst Ming-Chi Kuo reports that the Note8 will sport a 6.4-inch screen and the dual camera system we were hoping the S8 would have.
Despite a few annoyances, Samsung's DeX dock for the Galaxy S8 and S8+ provides a remarkably PC-like experience, and might compel you to leave your laptop at home.
In a statement ahead of the Galaxy S8's April 21 launch, Samsung has said that Bixby Voice won't be supported in the U.S. until later in the spring.
While it will be shipping with Android 7.0, there are signs that Samsung is looking to update the Galaxy S8 to Nougat 7.1 as quickly as possible.
Samsung will reportedly begin selling a 128GB Galaxy S8+ variant with 6GB of RAM, but it will only be available in China and Korea.
Which smartphones are on sale at big discounts?
Android finally has a true iPad Pro competitor, but is there a market for it?
While 2016 sucked in many ways, many great things happened in the world of technology. However, there were some absolute shockers too. Here we look at the 10 best technology products of 2016 and follow it with the 10 worst technology products of 2016...
We’ve reviewed many phones this year. Usually the later models are better than the older ones, but which ones had the most impact and which ones stood the test of time. Here are the contenders for our Phone of the Year 2016 award.
Few tech categories have managed to innovate over the past 10+ years like TVs. Perhaps there was a slight lull in 2015 but otherwise every new year brings a big advance in TV technology.
Videos about samsung
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- 2 Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- 3 Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- 4 LG G6 phone: full, in-depth review
- 5 Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 phone: Full, in-depth review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Newegg has lowered the price of HP's Stream 11 Pro G2 to $180
- Acer's Predator X27 G-Sync HDR monitor is infused with every feature you could ask for
- How to find the Windows 10 Creators Update's hidden desktop themes
- AMD updates Ryzen drivers with a new power profile and the promise of better performance
- BlackBerry KeyOne to launch in US and Canada in late May
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTFrontend DeveloperNSW
- FTWindows Dev Ops EngineerNSW
- CCSecurity Specialist - NV1ACT
- CCJava DeveloperACT
- FTCampaign ManagerNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- FTBI Report DeveloperQLD
- CCTelecommunication Business SpecialistTAS
- CCTest Capability LeadNSW
- FTTelecommunications Installation ManagerSA
- FTSenior Analyst ProgrammerACT
- FTAudio Visual / Video Solution Architect | $100 p/hrVIC
- FTFinance Analyst with Accounting | 8 Month ContractVIC
- FTSenior Systems EngineerNSW
- FTProcurement AdvisorQLD
- CCSenior System AdministratorQLD
- FTSenior Business AnalystNSW
- TPProject Co-ordinatorNSW
- TPSAP Supply Lead - MM/LogisticsQLD
- TPInfrastructure ArchitectQLD
- FTOperations OrchestrationVIC
- FTIT Security RolesACT
- TPAV Design SpecialistNSW
- FTData Analyst - Tableau and Power BI suiteNSW